Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Why all this?

I am new to the world of BLOGs, a world that I have often seen as self-referential ... I tell you what I think, and then what?

I have changed my mind. I did not recognize until now that great privilege that I have in being able to freely express my point of view. This privilege was recently denied to Prof. Joseph Ratzinger, Pope Benedict XVI, Pontiff of the Catholic Church.

He was first invited to hold a Lectio Magistralis at the University La Sapienza, in Rome, Italy, and subsequently became the object of a calumnious attack from a group of 67 Professors of that University. For the sake of peace, he renounced to the visit, but he sent his speech: here it is for everybody to read.

I believe that the Italian University, touched here its lowest point, a very predictable and not surprising arrival point after decades of bad management.

We wish the Italian University to get well soon, to eliminate the intolerance that characterizes some of its Faculty, and to flourish into a Nuovo Rinascimento.

For the time being, I will be here, trying to make my voice heard on the topics I still have the freedom to talk about.

You, reader of this blog, will find here my personal opinions on themes of current debate, my reflections on God and Men, and some technical notes on Transport in Multiscale systems: the various posts are labeled for easy search.

ciao

Andrea

No comments: